How to view a planning application
- Planning applications can be reviewed in person at Sutton Council’s planning department at 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton, SM5 2JG
- Alternatively you can view the plans online.
How to view plans online
- We will normally provide a link to the planning application. Sometimes changes to the link are made by Sutton Council and our button no longer works.
- If the view button doesn’t work, go to www.sutton.gov.uk/planningapplicationsearch
- It is only the last 5 digit of the planning application number that is needed i.e. C2017/77886. Press return. Sometimes it comes back saying nothing found. Hit return again and it then usually works!
- Scroll to bottom and click ‘view plans and documents’ and then the tick box for agreeing to their terms and conditions
- There will be lots of documents that are generically named either application, drawing or supporting information. You will need to just work your way through these.
- If using a desktop to view, you can hover your mouse over a file and the name of it can be seen. The Design & Access Statement is the main document to give you an overview of the application.
How to submit comments
Once a planning application has been submitted to Sutton Council, there will be a deadline to submit comments. These can be submitted in various ways:-
- Using the access information above, scroll down and click on ‘comment’ instead of ‘view plans’.
- You have the option to object, support or comment – please make sure you change to the option you want.
- Type in ‘Yes’ to be able to submit. You will then receive an automatic email confirmation.
- Send you email to: email@example.com
- Please remember to put the correct planning reference in it. You should receive an automatic email confirmation.
By post or hand deliver to:
London Borough of Sutton
24 Denmark Road
Surrey SM5 2JG
Ensure you use the correct planning reference in your letter i.e. C2017/77886