Plant up Hackbridge is an initiative led by residents to brighten up our local area. David Tchil and Lysanne Horrox worked incredibly hard in securing major funding, which will build on previous community planting projects and objectives of the Neighbourhood Plan.
The areas of improvement listed below will be completed on a phased approach over the next year or so, dependent on Covid restrictions and planting schedules.
- London Road – mass bulb planting along the grass verges
- Heart of Hackbridge – replanting the rain gardens, potential new rain garden by Sainsbury’s Local to alleviate flooding and deter illegal parking
- Mile Road Pocket Park – new planting
- BedZed Community Field – soil improvements and raised beds
- New Mill Quarter – child-friendly and biodiverse friendly raised beds and fruit trees
- Hackbridge Green – planters, information board, new boarder planting, bug hotels and bulb swathes
We need you!
Part of our application includes community involvement and this is where you come in!
During lockdown we have seen how people started exploring their local area as part of their daily exercise. We are all appreciating the jewels in our neighbourhood and these improvements will add to this. We are looking for people who are interested in planting and maintenance. Maintenance might include watering, deadheading, weed removal, litter removal, pruning.
Please either email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and/or follow the Hackbridge Community Action | Facebook page if you would like to be involved.