Planning Application DM2020/02076
Grange Lodge is located in Beddington Park, off of London Road in Wallington. This is out of our neighbourhood boundary, but we have seen the upset this application has caused and have submitted our own.
The proposal is to demolish Grange Lodge bungalow and replace it with 2 x 3-bedroom houses.
It is often difficult to know how to comment on a planning application, especially if you are objecting, so please feel free to use any part of our response to help you.
Read the planning application and our response
How to submit feedback
Deadline – 29 January 2021
If you haven’t submitted an online response before, it is relatively easy. You need to register before you can comment.
- Click on the image below to open up the Sutton Council Planning Portal
- Click on ‘register’. Once you have registered, click on ‘login’
- Click on ‘search’ – ‘planning’ – ‘simple search’
- In the box entitled ‘enter keyword, reference number etc’, put in the planning application number.
- Near the top right is the button ‘make a comment’. Click on it and you should find your details already there.
- Click on ‘commenter type’ and pick ‘member of the public’
- Pick whether you object, support or neutral
- You can then add your comment text.
- When you have finished, click ‘submit’ and you should receive confirmation of your response by email. If you have issues, check to see if you have used any special characters like “%” and remove and try submitting again.
By post or hand deliver to:
London Borough of Sutton
24 Denmark Road
Surrey SM5 2JG
Ensure you use the correct planning reference in your letter.
Please do not knock down the beautiful lodge. I really thought it was a listed building, it should be! I spent so much of my time at The Grange in Wallington and the lodge should be left as a permanent building.
Please keep this bungalow its part of the history of Beddington Park. It will just take away the authenticity of the park for the sake of building more homes.
Please ensure you respond to the planning application.
This has been there all my life I am 73. Do not put greed before beauty. Keep it and make it museum for Paddington area.
I saw this come up for auction. I would have loved to buy it myself, simply to do up and live in as it is. There is a special place reserved for people who want to destroy our heritage this way. What country is this that allows such to take place.