Update – 16 February 2023
Sutton Council have refused this application on the grounds that some of the flats are not compliant with minimal sizes according to the London Plan. You can read the Officer’s report and the refusal letter by clicking on the ‘view application’ button further below.
Developers are looking to convert the old medical practice into 1 flat and 5 studios. There is a question as to whether these are meeting local needs and also the controversial topic of parking. The proposal only provides adequate parking for 3 cars, meaning the rest will likely overspill into the Flowers Estate, which is the nearest area with no parking restrictions. Interestingly, a transport statement has been provided, but the dates they did their survey was restricted to evening only, which gives a false indication of availability.
Planning Application DM2022/02253
Address: 138 – 140 London Road Hackbridge Wallington SM6 7HF
Proposal: Prior Approval for change of use from Use Class E to residential use providing 6 self contained units and car parking/cycle spaces.
View further details
How to submit feedback
Deadline – 12 January 2023
If you haven’t submitted an online response before, it is relatively easy. You need to register before you can comment.
- Click on the image below to open up the Sutton Council Planning Portal
- Click on ‘register’. Once you have registered, click on ‘login’
- Click on ‘search’ – ‘planning’ – ‘simple search’
- In the box entitled ‘enter keyword, reference number etc’, put in the planning application number.
- Near the top right is the button ‘make a comment’. Click on it and you should find your details already there.
- Click on ‘commenter type’ and pick ‘member of the public’
- Pick whether you object, support or neutral
- You can then add your comment text.
- When you have finished, click ‘submit’ and you should receive confirmation of your response by email. If you have issues, check to see if you have used any special characters like “%” and remove and try submitting again.
By post or hand deliver to:
London Borough of Sutton
St Nicholas Way
Sutton SM1 1EA
Ensure you use the correct planning reference in your letter.