So it’s 29 February 2016, a special day, a leap year that comes every four years. That is about how long we have been working on our draft neighbourhood plan to get it to the pre-submission stage!
We are finally out for consultation from 29 February until 13 May 2016.
This means it is your turn now to let us know what you think of the plan for your neighbourhood. It is always easier to start with something, than write from scratch, so hopefully this plan can help you decide what you like, what you don’t like and what you would like to see.
Please remember we are a group of local residents who have volunteered our time to put this together. Writing planning policy is not easy, especially when we have to be in general conformity with Sutton Council’s Local Plan, The London Plan and the National Planning Policy Framework, so please be honest in your feedback, but not too harsh!
How can I view the plan?
Not everyone will have the time or the inclination to read the plan, so we have provided a three page overview which gives you an idea of what it is all about!
Neighbourhood Plan – a brief guide – 3 pages
Pre-submission Draft Neighbourhood Plan – full plan
A paper copy will be available to view at:-
- All Saints Community Centre – New Road, Mitcham, CR4 4JN
- Hackbridge Cafe – London Road, Hackbridge
- Wallington Library – Shotfield, Wallington, SM6 0HY
- BedZED Pavilion – 24 Sandmartin Lane, Hackbridge, SM6 7DF
- Sutton Council offices – 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton, SM5 2JG
How can I comment?
A lot of people think that their views will not be taken into account or something is already ‘a done deal’. We can assure you that every comment you make will be reviewed and the plan altered accordingly. If we do not alter the plan, we need to put a reason why it wasn’t necessary.
The best way to provide us with your feedback is to use the online form. It is simple and takes about 7 clicks of the mouse!
You can also email us your comments to email@example.com
Or post to Hackbridge NDG, 24 Sandmartin Lane, Hackbridge, Surrey, SM6 7DF
What happens next?
- We will look at all your comments and amend our plan if needed.
- If there are lots of changes, we will go out to the community again for comments.
- Our updated plan will then be submitted to Sutton Council who will put it out for formal consultation (another opportunity to comment on it).
- Our plan will be reviewed by an independent external examiner.
- A referendum will take place where you can vote on our plan.
- If more than 50% of votes are yes, Sutton Council will bring our plan into legal force.
Have a look at our draft plan page to see further information and appendices.