A planning application to build three detached houses, each with four bedrooms has been submitted to Sutton Council for approval.
Consultation ends 29 August 2014.
If you are familiar with this plot, you may be wondering how they will be able to fit all this onto the land! This leads us to the heated debate about height of buildings. One house will be built over four floors, making it the same height as ‘The Wave’ flats on Hackbridge Road and the other two houses will be built over three floors.
As some of you are aware, the old flats on Corbet Close will eventually be demolished and will be replaced by family houses of standard two storeys.
The developers have been sensitive to the history of the area and taken that into their concept of the design.
How to view information
- Go to Sutton Council’s Planning Portal
- Put in the application number 69942 and hit return
- Scroll to bottom and click ‘view plans and documents’ and then the tick box for agreeing to their terms and conditions
- Click on the tick box to agree with their statement of terms and conditions and then proceed
- There will be lots of documents that are generically named either application, drawing or supporting information. You will need to just work your way through these.
The most important bit!
If you want the right to make any comment on these plans, you must put it down in writing. We have learnt the hard way with Felnex Phase 1, that only 4 people commented on it, making it very easy for it to be quickly agreed.
To make a comment, you can quickly work through points 1 and 2 above and instead of clicking on ‘view plans’, click on ‘make comment’. You are given the option of either agreeing, objecting or just commenting and then you are able to add what text you wish.
You may also write a letter to Sutton Council at 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton, Surrey SM5 2JG, quoting full reference of C2014/69942.
Deadline is 29 August 2014.