We are beginning to lose count how many applications for the Wandle Trading Estate there are and that is just for the second phase! We believe this is the third one, since the last two got refused, even after going to appeal.
Whilst we have yet to have an in-depth look, our first observation is that they appear to only be addressing two issues, bin storage and the elevation along the river path and therefore seem to think they can apply for a variation of Condition 29, rather than a full planning application, which considering they are still changing the whole of the housing stock and amenity space for the originally approved scheme shouldn’t be allowed.
Download this Word version, so if you feel the same, you can easily copy some of our points to submit your own response.
Further information can be found here:-
- Our letter to the Inspector
- Inspector’s reason to refuse Redrow’s appeal
- Information about the two planning applications that were refused by Sutton Council
- Phase 2 – first application and our reasons why it should be refused
- Phase 2 – second application and our reasons why it should be refused
- Background information of the Wandle Trading Estate development
How to submit feedback
Deadline – 25 October 2018
Using the access information above, scroll down and click on ‘comment’ instead of ‘view plans’. Making sure you use the correct application number (see above) to comment against. You have the option to object, support or comment.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post or hand deliver to:
London Borough of Sutton
24 Denmark Road
Surrey SM5 2JG
Ensure you use the correct planning reference in your letter
The link won’t work
If the direct link to the planning application does not work, go to:
and put in the planning application no. 01687