UPDATE – July 2022
We are pleased that the council have refused this application, with one of our policies being mentioned in the Officer’s report.
“The proposed developments siting and appearance by reason of the height, bulk and massing of the proposed mast and ground based equipment would be a dominant, imposing and overbearing form of development which would result in an overbearing feature within the surroundings. The proposal would result in harm to the character of the area and the setting of the residential properties surrounding the site. No degree of camouflaging of the mast would sufficiently reduce this impact. As such the proposal would be contrary to Paragraph 115 of the NPPF (2021), Policies 23 and 28 of the Sutton Local Plan (2018) and Policy H&BEP1 of the Hackbridge & Beddington Corner Neighbourhood Plan (2019).”
Back in July 2021 we told you that a 5G mast was proposed for outside All Saints Church on London Road, which thankfully was rejected.
Whilst we have said before that we all love to have the most up to date and fastest signal, is this really the most suitable location?
If we have interpreted the drawings below correctly, it appears that they propose putting the mast and cabinets on top of the ‘rain garden’ flower bed that we plan to plant up in the autumn and directly outside Jacob Beds shop.
Planning Application DM2022/00869
Address: Outside Numbers 158 To 160 London Road, Hackbridge
Proposal: Prior Approval for the erection of a 17m high monopole mast with wraparound Cabinet at base, 3 separate equipment cabinets and associated ancillary works on land opposite Mile Road.
Existing street scene
Read the planning application
(If the link does not work for you, go to Sutton Council’s Portal and search using DM2022/00869)
How to submit feedback
Deadline – 1 June 2022
(actual deadline is 6 June, but the planning portal is likely to be down between 2-5 June)
If you haven’t submitted an online response before, it is relatively easy. You need to register before you can comment.
- Click on the image below to open up the Sutton Council Planning Portal
- Click on ‘register’. Once you have registered, click on ‘login’
- Click on ‘search’ – ‘planning’ – ‘simple search’
- In the box entitled ‘enter keyword, reference number etc’, put in the planning application number.
- Near the top right is the button ‘make a comment’. Click on it and you should find your details already there.
- Click on ‘commenter type’ and pick ‘member of the public’
- Pick whether you object, support or neutral
- You can then add your comment text.
- When you have finished, click ‘submit’ and you should receive confirmation of your response by email. If you have issues, check to see if you have used any special characters like “%” and remove and try submitting again.
By post or hand deliver to:
London Borough of Sutton
St Nicholas Way
Sutton SM1 1EA
Ensure you use the correct planning reference in your letter.